[mythtv] Problem with commit 9506b88 2017/10/09 : Cleanup gcc and clang warnings generated by -Wextra switch.

David Hampton mythtv at dhampton.net
Wed Oct 25 15:28:48 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-10-25 at 10:06 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 10/25/2017 12:29 AM, David Hampton wrote:
> > I have a RPi Model B+ v1.2 that was given to me but I've never
> > powered it on.  Would this be sufficient for me to use to try and
> > bisect the problem?  I'd probably need some help in getting the RPi
> > set up.  (Is it possible to cross-compile for AMD on an x86 system,
> > or would I need to run native compiles on the RPi itself?)
>
> It is amazing how many people say that they have a Raspberry Pi
> sitting in a drawer that they have never used. We only support RPI 2
> and 3. RPI 1 has only 500M memory and one core. RPI2 and 3 have 1G
> memory and 4 cores. I don't know what the challenges would be with
> RPI1 but I think it would be a frustrating effort.

Hmm, I can get a RPi3, 32GB card and power supply from Amazon for less
than $60.  The question is whether I would find the time to set it up
and use it.

> > P.S.  I could also revert the aggregate patch, and then rebase and
> > reapply the 124 individual patches.  That would make the individual
> > changes visible to everyone.
>
> I don't think we want to do that yet. Let me first try reversing the
> patch you supplied here. If that does not work I can try bisecting
> your changes and re-applying them. I don't know how much success I
> will have, but I will let you know. Maybe for future it would help to
> split the merges into smaller groups.

Agreed.  That was what had accumulated on my github pull request before
I had commit access.  In the future I will definitely do smaller
commits.

David