[mythtv] Problem with commit 9506b88 2017/10/09 : Cleanup gcc and clang warnings generated by -Wextra switch.

David Hampton mythtv at dhampton.net
Wed Oct 25 04:29:30 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,

I was afraid you were going to say that it was that cleanup commit.
That was an aggregation of 124 smaller commits over probably six
months.  Given that Myth works on your AMD system and my x86 systems,
my guess would be that it is probably in a change to one of the openmax
files.

I've looked at the changes to files with 'omx' in the name and nothing
stands out to me as possibly being a problem.  There appear to be only
four patches that modify five 'omx' files.  I've uploaded those patches
to http://love2code.net/mythtv/ if you want to try reverting them and
see if that fixes the crashing.

I have a RPi Model B+ v1.2 that was given to me but I've never powered
it on.  Would this be sufficient for me to use to try and bisect the
problem?  I'd probably need some help in getting the RPi set up.  (Is
it possible to cross-compile for AMD on an x86 system, or would I need
to run native compiles on the RPi itself?)

I didn't realize that git didn't push all my intermediate nodes when I
pushed a merge, but that makes sense.  I will certainly write merge
notes more carefully going forward.

David

P.S.  I could also revert the aggregate patch, and then rebase and
reapply the 124 individual patches.  That would make the individual
changes visible to everyone.