[mythtv] Ticket 13135: Previously recorded

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Oct 21 17:10:22 UTC 2017

On 21/10/17 15:27, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 10/21/2017 08:11 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Trac seems to be down, so commenting here.
>>
>> The new patch is working well on the main box, but I have a 'user'
>> request.
>>
>> Entering from the user guide and matching on title, I may get a long
>> list of recordings.  Choosing any one displays the 'subtitle' or
>> perhaps 'description' of the old recording - but not that of the one
>> from the guide, which I have by now forgotten, and which might be
>> subtly different anyway.  I wonder if some of that could be put on
>> screen too?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> John P
> It can only include what is in the oldrecorded table, which has title,
> subtitle and description. I believe the description is the one obtained
> from the guide. There may be cases where a description is obtained from
> thetvdb.com, perhaps if the guide did not provide a description, but one
> I checked does not match thetvdb.com so it must be the description from
> the guide.
>
> Peter

Peter:  Thanks for your reply.  Let me try again.

The three areas at the top of the frontend programme guide show the
title, subtitle and description for the programme in the selection box.
In my case they come from eit.  I haven't yet found the code that puts
them there, but obviously I can write them down or even try to remember
them before pressing Go (E, M, Space, Enter ... can all lead there).

I thought the code might be able to do that and add some of that info,
perhaps just below the 'title', on the results screen.  That screen can
now show (and allow searches on) similar stuff read from oldrecorded for
any recording with a title that matches.  When recordings are recycled
details may differ.

I don't want to labour the point; perhaps it doesn't work like that.

John