[mythtv] Fwd: [mythtv-users] Updated MiniMyth2 Rpi edition

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Nov 29 11:50:44 UTC 2017

On 28/11/17 21:14, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 11/28/2017 03:16 PM, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
>> Peter,
>> I’m wonder Your’s opinion.
>> Looks like Mike’s setup with FE IPv6/IPv4 + BE only IPv4 has issue
>> with upnp  BE discovery.
>> I can’t verify this in my testbed (no IPv6)

It's easy to create a ULA ipv6 space for testing.

>> May You look on this is pare time in Your’s setup based on MythTV light?
>> br
>>
> I think you are likely correct. The way the backend was designed if I
> remember correctly it sends back all possible ip addresses when it gets
> a UPNP request, including IPV4 and IPV6 addresses. Maybe then the IPV4
> frontend is trying to use an IPV6 address that it got from the backend.
>
> I don't know if we should support this configuration. Maybe the frontend
> code will have to check for IPV6 addresses and ignore then if IPV6 is
> not installed there.

The frontend should deal with dropping destinations that are reached
by protocols it doesn't have available.

The backend really doesn't have enough information to determine if
the frontend only has 1 protocol available, making it hard to send
out "edited" lists via upnp

> However we should move forward into the world of IPV6. Maybe your
> minimyth should enable IPV6, especially if that is enabled on the
> backend and in the user's network.

We should support ipv6 networking. it's the future!

Regards
Stuart