[mythtv] Fwd: [mythtv-users] Updated MiniMyth2 Rpi edition

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 21:14:07 UTC 2017

On 11/28/2017 03:16 PM, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
> Peter,
> I’m wonder Your’s opinion.
> Looks like Mike’s setup with FE IPv6/IPv4 + BE only IPv4 has issue
> with upnp  BE discovery.
> I can’t verify this in my testbed (no IPv6)
> May You look on this is pare time in Your’s setup based on MythTV light?
> br

I think you are likely correct. The way the backend was designed if I
remember correctly it sends back all possible ip addresses when it gets
a UPNP request, including IPV4 and IPV6 addresses. Maybe then the IPV4
frontend is trying to use an IPV6 address that it got from the backend.

I don't know if we should support this configuration. Maybe the frontend
code will have to check for IPV6 addresses and ignore then if IPV6 is
not installed there.

However we should move forward into the world of IPV6. Maybe your
minimyth should enable IPV6, especially if that is enabled on the
backend and in the user's network.

Peter