[mythtv] Freesat EIT

Rune Petersen rune at megahurts.dk
Wed May 24 00:00:02 UTC 2017

On 23/05/17 11:38, Roger James wrote:
> On 23 May 2017 10:18:05 am Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 22/05/17 22:47, Roger James wrote:
>>> Hi Stuart,
>>>
>>> As far as I can see I have not changed the logic of the Freesat
>>> handling. Is it working in the current master? It is difficult for me
>>> to tell. I have been jumping down a rabbit hole assuming I had broken
>>> something in the code.
>>>
>>> I am getting too old for this.
>>>
>>> Roger

>> Roger,
>>
>> On my test system EIT works on current master (ppa 0.29)
>>
>> There are some channels which although FTA, are not in Freesat data, as
>> they are not part of Freesat e.g
>>
>> Bloomberg HD SID 55392 is FTA but not Freesat, Bloomberg (SD) SID 50316
>> is Freesat, there are plenty of others.
>>
>> There is a Freesat list at
>> http://www.satellite-calculations.com/DVB/28.2E/28E_FreeSat_ChannelNumber.php
>>
>> The Sky list is at
>> http://www.satellite-calculations.com/DVB/28.2E/28E_Sky_ChannelNumber.php
>>
>> Mike
>
> Stuart, Mike,
>
> Thanks. I seem to be getting lots of EIT other schedule sections on pid 0xf02
> but very few complete tables. I am looking into this.

My guess would be that you are not handling cases where a TS packet contains
multiple tables.

from memory:
1) if start bit it set and the offset byte is not 0 - the skipped bytes are for
previous table section.
2) if you complete a table section and there is still bytes left in the TS
packet. if it is not stuffing bytes (0xff) it is another table. (repeat as needed)