[mythtv] Freesat EIT

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Tue May 23 09:17:45 UTC 2017

On 22/05/17 22:47, Roger James wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> As far as I can see I have not changed the logic of the Freesat
> handling. Is it working in the current master? It is difficult for me
> to tell. I have been jumping down a rabbit hole assuming I had broken
> something in the code.
>
> I am getting too old for this.
>
> Roger
>

> On 22 May 2017 10:05:55 pm Stuart Auchterlonie
> <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
>
>> On 22/05/17 19:36, roger wrote:
>>> HI,
>>>
>>> I have recently been testing my new DVB SI code against DVB-S Freesat
>>> here in the UK.
>>>
>>> I am not seeing EIT actual schedule data where I expect to see it.
>>>
>>> There are 4 DVB-S Freesat muxes on Astra 2E. These are :-
>>>
>>> DSAT1 on 10.77325 GHz.
>>>
>>> DSAT2 on 10.80275 GHz
>>>
>>> DSAT5 on 10.78800 GHz
>>>
>>> DSAT6 on 10.81750 GHz
>>>
>>> I checked the following PIDS 0x12, 0xf01, 0xf02, 0xf03 the above
>>> transponders. I did not find any EIT actual schedule tables on any
>>> of them.
>>>
>>> This is what I found on all transponder.
>>>
>>> Pid 0x12 - EIT  actual present/following
>>>
>>> Pid 0xf01 - BAT, SDT
>>>
>>> Pid 0xf02 - EIT other schedule
>>>
>>> PID 0xf03 - Table ID 0xd1 only
>>>
>>> No sign of EIT actual schedule data.
>>>
>>> I look through the code in the current head (master). In eithelper.cpp
>>> we definitely ignore EIT other tables. I could not find anywhere in the
>>> code where Freesat other schedule tables got special handling. What
>>> have
>>> I missed? How are people getting Freesat schedule information at the
>>> moment?
>>>
>>> I will check tomorrow whether the other schedule tables carry data for
>>> the currently tuned stream.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of any definitive specification for the radiated
>>> Freesat SI data?
>>>
>>> There are other Freesat transponders listed for Astra 2e that re are
>>> not
>>> in the BBC list at
>>> http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/reception/pdfs/satellitefrequencies.pdf.
>>> <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/reception/pdfs/satellitefrequencies.pdf>
>>>
>>> I wonder whether there is something on them.
>>> <http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/reception/pdfs/satellitefrequencies.pdf>
>>>
>>> Roger
>>>

>> As I understand it, it should just be handled like any other set of
>> mplexes, with no special handling.
>>
>> The mplex which is supposed to carry the EIT data is the one which
>> would actually need special handling.
>>
>> There are signalling tables which indictate when it is appropriate
>> to use a specific mplex to collect EIT data. The non freesat channels
>> on the same satellite are an example of this.
>>

>> Regards
>> Stuart

Roger,

On my test system EIT works on current master (ppa 0.29)

There are some channels which although FTA, are not in Freesat data, as
they are not part of Freesat e.g

Bloomberg HD SID 55392 is FTA but not Freesat, Bloomberg (SD) SID 50316
is Freesat, there are plenty of others.

There is a Freesat list at
http://www.satellite-calculations.com/DVB/28.2E/28E_FreeSat_ChannelNumber.php

The Sky list is at