[mythtv] Freesat EIT

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon May 22 20:20:43 UTC 2017

Hi Roger,

On 22.05.2017 20:36, roger wrote:

> No sign of EIT actual schedule data.
>
> I look through the code in the current head (master). In eithelper.cpp
> we definitely ignore EIT other tables. I could not find anywhere in the
> code where Freesat other schedule tables got special handling. What have
> I missed? How are people getting Freesat schedule information at the moment?

We should not be ignoring EIT other sections.

I just looked at the code around
https://code.mythtv.org/doxygen/dvbstreamdata_8cpp_source.html#l00208
and
https://code.mythtv.org/doxygen/eithelper_8cpp_source.html#l00354
but nothing stood out.

If I understood it correctly there is no special handling needed. The
only difference is the Huffman encoding and maybe the PID that carries
the EIT sections.

Does FreeSat signal a transport that carries the complete service
information?
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11809

Regards,
Karl