[mythtv] noob to MythTV development

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Thu Mar 16 17:01:54 UTC 2017

On 03/16/2017 06:17 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Honestly. Give a try to Visual Studio Code with the C++ plugin.
>
> It takes 5 minutes to get up and running, and the debugger interface
> is light years ahead of eclipse.
>
> The editor is super fast and responsive and starts (and quit) instantly.

Hi Jean-Yves

Thank you for that tip. Up to now I ignored anything from Microsoft,
seeing that Linux is their competitor, but this looks really good. I am
still debugging with gdb. I don't know if it is worthwhile to figure out
how to debug in Visual Studio Code. A QT extension would be nice if
there was one.

Regards
Peter