[mythtv] noob to MythTV development

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 08:06:56 UTC 2017

Hi.

On 11 March 2017 at 15:49, Dave Mansfield <muddysteel at gmail.com> wrote:

> With regards to development:  I've been looking at the web pages and have
> not seen info on coding templates for Eclipse.  Has anyone who uses Eclipse
> setup code templates?  If so, can I get an exported copy of the templates?
> (Spaces vs. tabs is an ironclad rule with me, too!)

Forget Eclipse, it's crap really.. Slow, super complicated to set up
properly. Pages taking forever to load...

I found Visual Studio Code awesome to work with and I now use use it
everywhere, even with very big project.

It's also super easy to set up. Simply open the source directory and that's it.

Compiling from it requires to write some small scripts, but it's fairly easy.

Debugging using either lldb or gdb is then trivial.