[mythtv] Proposed change to Network Communications

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Tue Mar 7 23:24:28 UTC 2017

On 03/07/2017 05:26 PM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> I think "Listen on all addresses" should use wildcard binds, that
> way it doesn't matter what your ip addresses are.
>
> Or did you do your test in a different way?
>

> Regards
> Stuart
Yes - that will use a wildcard bind (QHostAddress::Any). That is what I
used for my test. It allows IPV4 or IPV6 connections.

Do you think the prompt should say "Listen on wildcard"? I Thought
"Listen on all addresses" would be more meaningful to most people. The
help text for it could explain in more detail.

Regards
Peter