[mythtv] Replaying DVB MPEG-TS SI via mythfilerecorder for channel scanning

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 15:42:57 UTC 2017

On 01/03/2017 11:51, Roger James wrote:
> On 1 March 2017 11:05:12 am roger <roger at beardandsandals.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> or anyone how has not tried it.
>
> Should read.
>
> For anyone who has not tried it.
>

>>      if (m_scanDTVTunerType == DTVTunerType::kTunerTypeDVBT2)
>>      {
>>          if (m_dvbt2Tried)
>>              tuning.mod_sys =
>> DTVModulationSystem::kModulationSystem_DVBT2;
>>          else
>>              tuning.mod_sys =
>> DTVModulationSystem::kModulationSystem_DVBT;
>>      }
>
> This bit looks a bit suspect too. To me it says. If you have already
> tried T2 the try it again, and again...

I think this was part of my patch for DVB-T2 support.  What it's
intended to do is say that the modulation system to be used for a
multiplex is DVB-T2 if it is found during a DVB-T2 scan otherwise it is
DVB-T.  It is complicated because support for the first DVB-T2 tuners in
the kernel used auto-switching which meant that DVB-T2 multiplexes would
be found even though the scanner was set to tune DVB-T.  The code needed
to work both for them and also for the later tuners that needed explicit
DVB-T2 tuning.

David