[mythtv] python bindings status? BackendServerIP[6] error

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 20:23:09 UTC 2017

On 06/14/2017 02:46 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> I am working on learning python.  I decided to write a simple program to
> display the upcoming recordings, but I can't even get past the
> initialization of the MythBE() object:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
>      MythBE().getUpcomingRecordings()
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/mythproto.py", line 72, in
> __init__
>      self.hostname = self.db._gethostfromaddr(self.host)
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/database.py", line 1347, in
> _gethostfromaddr
>      'BackendServerIP[6]', addr)
> MythDBError: Could not find setting 'BackendServerIP[6]' on host 'localhost'
>
> Am I missing a step, or have the python bindings been neglected?  I am
> using current master.

The bindings work OK for my up.py script. I do still have BackendServerIP6 in
settings as well as BackendServerIP. It's using getUpcomingRecordings() too.
Running v29-pre-415, so 98 commits behind.

If you want to try using the Services API, there are two examples here:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python_API_Examples#Working_program_using_the_Dvr.2FGetUpcomingList_endpoint

--
Bill