[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by pbennett. v29-pre-513-gf4f98f9

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Jul 11 21:26:48 UTC 2017

On 07/07/17 01:10, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 07/06/2017 07:05 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> I've just run mythtvsetup with a build from here on an fc 25 box with
>> a single pci dvb-t card.  The FE/BE system seems to be running ok now,
>> but I had segfaults along the way, triggered by trying to enter the
>> Transport Editor.   That probably isn't seen as part of the normal
>> sequence, but I think it's important to have it available. The Konsole
>> log gave Code 1, PID 216, UID 0 and a Value, but I suspect that by
>> themselves these numbers mean little.
>>
>> After the first segfault the card wasn't recognised and I eventually
>> rebooted.  vlc couldn't see it either.   Card recognition is slow, as
>> it has been for some time.  Later I went round several times trying to
>> set up the linking option for 'All existing Transports' - saw it once
>> but then it seemed elusive.  My current channel selection is based on
>> a Full Scan.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot test this as I do not receive any over the air
> channels and Comcast now encrypts everything, so my tuner card receives
> no channels.
>
> Is this the transport editor button in channel editor? I can select that
> but the next page does not seem to do anything, perhaps because I have
> no DVB channels. If I press enter on "New Transport" nothing happens.
> Perhaps somebody who has a working DVB setup with channels can look at it.
>
> Peter

I've been preoccupied by suddenly-non-loading wifi firmware on a laptop,
but I've just gone through this DVB tuning process again - on the same
build.  I found the left-arrow, and was able to set up multi-rec and the
inter-transport links and save what looks like the full channel line-up.
  But after that I tried to examine the transports, and the segfault on
entering the Transport Editor happened again, leaving the tuner in a
busy state.  'sudo modprobe -rf saa7134' wasn't allowed and I did a
(slow) reboot.  It's recording now.

John