[mythtv] backend stops recording after many days

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Wed Jul 5 19:15:18 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-03 14:24, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 03/07/17 13:10, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Peter Bennett <pgbennett at comcast.net
>> <mailto:pgbennett at comcast.net>> wrote:
>>
>>      This is a question for the mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>>

>> I thought about that, but I have been using MythTV since 2012 at least
>> and I don't believe it's a configuration issue since I have not made any
>> intentionally setting changes. It may or may not be a "bug" but
>> something isn't right.
>>

> I only get this if my dvb stick gets wedged and needs hard resetting.
> I have to check dmesg to see if things have gone south when this
> happens.

i have a similar problem but it is related to the ca module not getting
setup or reset properly.
every single time i restart my backend computer i have to do the following:
open mythfrontend and make sure it is tuned to a channel that always
transmitts, no picture shows up, then pull out ca module and reinsert,
wait a little while and picture comes up just fine and everything works
perfectly until next reboot.

has been like this for years

so perhaps the person that had the problem also have a ca module that
gets stuck.
if i tune to a channel that don't always transmit it tends to get stuck
semi randomly and i will get zero length recordings.

a simple ca reset at the right spot is almost guaranteed to fix it, was
experimenting with just this a long time ago but never figured out where
to put it in the mythtv code and how to wire up the reset.