[mythtv] backend stops recording after many days

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 22:32:34 UTC 2017

I have looked though the logs but nothing has jumped out at me...

After some number of days, mythbakend just stops recording. Nothing shows
in the "Upcoming recordings". The frontend continues to work as expected
for existing recordings and videos.

When I restart the backend (systemctl restart mythbackend) it takes 30+
seconds which is way longer than usual, but once it does, recordings resume
as expected.

I'm not really sure where to start.

# mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.28.1-21-ge26a33c
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20161120-1
QT Version : 5.7.1
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd
using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl
using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_systemd_notify using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl
using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2

Thanks,
Richard