[mythtv] DVB SI rework - Help needed

roger roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 14:40:08 UTC 2017

On 21/01/17 18:08, Paul Harrison wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> I just want to say you are not being ignored but it's more likely the
> few remaining active developers don't know the answer to your question :(
>

> I know less about this part of Myth than you do so not going to be
> much help. I did do a little digging in the commits log and came
> across what I think is the original commit message from the old svn
> days in trac that may be of help to you.
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1035#comment:42
>
> It looks like Daniel K did most of the work on the EIT rewrite over 10
> years ago now. Even though Daniel is no longer a MythTV dev I always
> found him to be very helpful and he may be able to remember some
> details about that code if you drop him an email.
>
> Paul H.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link. It gives me a clue as to what Daniel was thinking.

Yes I am back hacking myth after a long layoff. I am getting too old for
this stuff! I just spent the last couple of weeks looking for a couple
of bugs that I would have fixed in 20 minutes a few (well maybe a bit
more than a few) years ago. I really need to get a new pair of glasses.
They both proved to be cut and paste bugs one was an extra shriek (!)
and the other I forget (dementia here I come). I will see if I can track
down the actual changeset in git from the clues provided. You would
think after 46 years of hacking code I would have learnt my lesson.

As a complete aside. If anyone reading this is interested in looking at
another fascinating bug in myth. Try running mythfrontend on a fast
64bit linux frontend with a ssd drive, and starting the frontend from an
autostart file. Lots of interesting thread safety issues here! Just
remember that exit code 139 is probably a SIGSEGV and not a
GENERIC_EXIT_INVALID_TIME (Darn those overlaps between uncaught signals
and myth error codes when you are in a shell script ;-) ).

Roger