[mythtv] mythfilldatabase XMLTV ID duplication problem

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 20:50:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 8:26 PM, Peter Bennett <pgbennett at comcast.net> wrote:

> Is this a bug in mythfilldatabase or a data error in schedules direct?

It is a feature :-)(*) and is one reason why MythUtil-Channel-XMLTV-getLineup
was written.....

https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/MythUtil

It works for me (well, I would hope so).

(*) There is a lot of historical confusion between channels and
schedules.  XMLTV tracks schedules, but calls them channels.
In some cases there is a one-to-one mapping, but as you see,
that is not always the case.  I do not think the XMLTV community
has sufficient consensus on any paths forward, but it has
been talked about for years on and off.