[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jpoet. v29-pre-280-ge763d53

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Mon Feb 27 19:01:10 UTC 2017

On 02/26/2017 03:21 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 12:21 PM Piotr Oniszczuk
> <piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com <mailto:piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     >
>     > Hmmm.  That is really too bad.  That adds some nice
>     functionality.  I don't know if I can track down the slowness,
>     though, since apparently none of my machines are slow enough.  I
>     am guessing it has to do with the regular expression processing.
>     >
>     > John
>     >
>     John,
>     If You hint me what part of this commit can be commented for
>     try&see - I can play with this.
>     This can help us to determine where is slowest part of code.
>     Then maybe there alternatives to code differently for the same
>     functionality
>

> Hi Piotr,
>
> Thank you for the offer. No better solution is coming immediately to
> mind, so for now I will just revert it.
>
> John

Hi John

I did not get to test your enhancement on Raspberry Pi before you pulled
it. Probably you cannot get much lower-powered than Raspberry Pi, so if
you would like me to test the changes on Raspberry Pi, before you commit
them again, or just to get a another perspective on the issue, let me know.

I am curious about the change, it said to allow multiple text areas to
be treated as if they were the same by having a suffix with a plus sign.
Does that mean all of the text areas will show the same content and if
it changes all will change? What is the use case for this?

Peter