[mythtv] 34ad18e0c951a289e5bbebea065b17359c1bfc1d causes deadlock on BE when tuning takes longer than 10sec

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 21:51:10 UTC 2017

John,

With this commit I see highly decreased BE availability.
During 2 days of normal usage I had 3 deadlocks where BE stopped answering to FE requests.
All 3 cases were during LiveTV channel change.
gdb trace from deadlocked BE: http://pastebin.com/sGAUhEwe
BE log around failed channel change: http://pastebin.com/msaBBb0K
When BE is deadlocked, fe log says: http://pastebin.com/fXP8EMv1

All 3 deadlocks were on channel where tuning takes over 10sec (CAS subsystem).
I have hypothesis that https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/34ad18e0c951a289e5bbebea065b17359c1bfc1d causes
issue when tuning takes longer that 10sec during LiveTV channel change.

May You look on this when You will have sec of free time?

br