[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by pbennett. v29-pre-305-gef7e594

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Sat Feb 11 17:53:02 UTC 2017

On 02/10/2017 06:09 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 02/10/2017 04:26 PM, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
>> Peter,
>> I’m doing tests on one of my frontends with MiniMyth2 (diskless
>> machine booted over network with OS+Myth as single image file and all
>> settings downloaded from central server + DB).
>> I have 2 exactly the same mm2 images: one with master r302 and
>> another with master r307.
>> r302 starts no problem. r307 gives issue as I reported.
>> I think issue is within changes related to networking code.
>> If You will provide me patch adding debugging logs helpful for you to
>> track where code works not as we expected - I can recompile and try….
>> There must be issue with networking - we need only to understand
>> where it is….
>> br
>>
> OK I will take a look and see what can be happening and let you know
> what test you can do to tell what the issue it, or if I can add
> debugging to help. I will let you know soon.
>
> Peter

Piotr

I am trying to figure out what is happening in your setup. Please can
you confirm some things.

I understand that when you try to run the frontend from latest master,
it goes directly to the country and language selection.

Does it first display the "MythTV Startup Status" screen or the database
setup screen? Please confirm the order of screens you see.

Are you using any command line options on mythfrontend? Please let me
know what options you are using.

Is the config.xml correct including port number?

Are the backend and database running?

Please can you send me the config.xml and the file
$HOME/.mythtv/cache/contextcache.xml from the frontend.

You could also run your frontend with options --loglevel debug --logpath
/tmp and send me the log file from /tmp directory. This is better than
console log as it has more information.

Thanks
Peter