[mythtv] Yamaha DLNA compatibility

Chris Jewell chrism0dwk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 19:15:51 UTC 2017

Hello Developers,

I’m trying to debug an interesting problem with a new Yamaha CRX-N470D hifi system.  It has DLNA capability (specifically bought to interact with my mythtv mediacenter), and is able to browse my music collection on the mythbox.  However, it only seems to play the first 2’36” of whichever song I select, before moving on to the next song in the playlist.  My Android client plays fine.

From the mythbackend.log (link below), I suspect this is something to do with how the hifi is requesting the music files.  Firstly, there is no Keep-Alive header in the request (which there is with the Android renderer), and secondly, the request appears to have a range.  Is this expected?  Also, it looks like the HTTP connection is timing out — as though the hifi stops listening?

Annoyingly, the hifi works fine with other DLNA servers such as UMS.  I’d like to get a handle on what’s going on with myth, and possibly contribute to a patch.  Can anyone assist me in understanding what’s going on?

Thanks,

Chris
—
Mythbackend.log: https://lancaster.box.com/s/e1t249tol8rkpk4cqqnyc2vg9ogkb5w8

Server config (with hostname and address for logfile purposes):
Hostname: cobalt
Address: 192.168.1.110
OS: LinHES R8.4
MythTV version: 0.28-fixes from LinHES repo. (updated this morning)