[mythtv] Web services wsdl fails after commits c3cf321 and ea8a83d

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 19:38:38 UTC 2017

On 12/30/2017 02:07 PM, David Hampton wrote:
> If I remove the two places where wsdl explicitly strips the '*' from
> type names,http://localhost:6544/Dvr/wsdl  from my test build matches
> the same response from my fixes-29 build.  I also checked a couple of
> the service definitions, and they all seem to use object pointers.  I'm
> unfamiliar with WSDL, though I know I need to learn about it.  What
> else should I do to test the wsdl code?  Is there a suite of tests
> anywhere?

That sounds good. Let me have the details or a patch.

For testing I use SoapUI. You just plug in the wsdl URL and it formats a
nice set of example requests for each defined request type. You can then
plug in values, run the services and see the results. I also has the
ability to create test cases and then run them.

I use the free version of SoapUI. It seems to do everything.

SoapUI was telling me there are undefined types in the wsdl and would
not accept it.

Peter