[mythtv] rpm fc26 build of master succeeds; with patches from #13186 it fails

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Dec 15 10:46:48 UTC 2017

On 15/12/17 00:58, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 12/14/2017 06:42 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Just in case my own longeraudiograph patch on mythplayer.cpp was
>> affecting things I tried again without it.  The failure log Traceback
>> looks much the same.

> Hi John
>
> Thank you for trying this.
>
> I tried building the plugins and you are correct, it fails. This is
> because it is calling some utility functions in mythavutil and perhaps
> others, using the now deprecated AVPicture. Those functions have already
> been changed to expect an AVFrame instead of an AVPicture, so the
> compile fails. I will sort that out as the next step.
>
> In the meantime if you can compile without the plugins you may have more
> success.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter:  Thanks for the info.  The rpmfusion specfile will be used
primarily to create their full set of packages, and although it appears
to have other options it seems that, understandably, they haven't all
been kept up-to-date.  I might look harder at '--without plugins' - but
don't hold your breath.

Thanks for all your input to MythTV

John