[mythtv] Mythtv-setup looks too often for VBoxes

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Aug 23 19:37:31 UTC 2017

A recent patch

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13046#comment:35

has made capture-card identification less 'clunky', so I tried another
setup of the system described here

https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/610255#610255,

now running 30pre22, which has three physical DVB-T tuners and no other
capture devices.  I wanted a simple relationship between the physical
devices and the blocks of cardids, which I believe required me to set up
each device and its multirec number before going on to the next device.

I remember making one unplanned exit during this process.  The log
includes 14 lines like this

VBox: Using UPNP to search for Vboxes (3 secs)

each search apparently lasting around 21 seconds. (It also looks for
Disecq trees, but this is much quicker)

mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup/main.cpp  has, at line 366,

     if (!cmdline.toBool("noupnp"))
     {
         // start looking for any uPnP devices we can use like VBoxes
         SSDP::Instance()->PerformSearch("ssdp:all");
     }

but I don't see a direct way of passing 'noupnp' from

mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup/commandlineparser.cpp

Am I looking in the right place?  Can it be done?

John P