[mythtv] DVR API Services changes between 0.27 & 0.28

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:00:42 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Dan Wilga <
mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:

> For the sake of anyone reading this thread, while upgrading my MythPause
> script to 0.28, I discovered these things:
>
> - The /Frontend endpoint now requires a POST. 0.27 will accept either GET
> or POST, so it's easiest to just use POST for both versions.
> - The return value from /Myth/GetSetting has changed. Previously, data was
> returned in a nested array. In 0.28, it is in a top-level element called
> String.
> - /Myth/GetSetting and /Myth/PutSetting will not function without a
> HostName parameter. In 0.27 it could be omitted.

MobileMyth developer here. I'll try to refresh the web services tonight or
at lunch today if I can.  For a long time there was an issue in Mythtv
generating some of the wsdl files so I hadn't been able to pull a new
version for a while.  That was recently resolved I believe.  I thought I
had after they fixed the bug but I guess I didn't.  I'm kind of afraid to
push a new version to packaging as its been so long since I've done it.
I'd hate to break anything.

If I don't do it in a day or two bump this to remind me.  Got a bunch of
stuff going on and I may forget.

Jon