[mythtv] How can I get hold of the current selected transport stream id?

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 16:25:00 UTC 2016

Hi Stuart

The answer to that is not quite. I need to find out the transport stream
identifier of the stream the "other" section is being carried in. Not the
transport stream identifier that is encoded into the section itself.  As
far as I recall it is carried in the PAT in the table id extension field. I
was hoping we saved it somewhere.

This is all to do with the "severe relaxation" (derogation) from the ETSI
standard here in the UK where our misuse of the original network id means
that that there is no correlation of version numbers between an "actual"
table and the same same table  encoded into an "other" stream, or between
different "other" streams.

I plan to keep multiple other tables and come up with an algorithm for
selecting one of these as "second best" when an actual table is not available.

Roger