[mythtv] Developing a Commercial Detector

Glen gga96 at skymesh.com.au
Mon May 9 11:12:47 UTC 2016

Hello All this is my first email to the Dev group.

I installed MythTV in 2013 and it has worked well since then. I started to think about commercial detection and set about defining a method that would work in my local area, east coast Australia. All work took place on my Windows development  machine and by late 2015 the technique was thought to be worth taking to Linux and Qt. I have finished the translation to Qt on MythBuntu.

Like the published Silence technique this process also requires tweaking to best deal with local Free To Air TV.

A small data set held in CSV text files stores persistent data about the channel icons and the associated RGB signature and techniques to be applied. A GUI manages the acquisition and maintenance of icon data, whilst a Data Module deals with the Myth interface, CSV files and code to achieve a flagged outcome.

I expected to use libmythtv and libmythbase and possibly other libraries. To create a clean dev environment I installed Mythbuntu 0.28 on a spare box, Ansibled, git clones the source, configured, made and compiled, all without a hitch. The objective here was to have the build tree complete with source, headers, object code and shared compiled libraries.

I then ran into a problem.
I have no grounding with Linux, and could not get the .pro file configured to include the necessary libraries. The latest .pro file is attached with the last of many attempts to get this to work. All errors say something like “cannot find –libmythbase” and “cannot find –libmythtv”.

The two classes I want to use are mythdb and mythplayer for MSqlQuery, MythPlayer and VideoFrame.

What have I missed?

All help will be appreciated.

Regards
Glen Adamsom