[mythtv] Raspberry Pi 2 and OpenGL

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:52:47 UTC 2016

On 16-03-15 08:38 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> ...<snip>
> Using the mythbuild.sh cross-compile script from LVR (3300 lines) it is
> possible to build a package with mythtv executables and a private custom
> built version of QT5, that can be deployed in a directory and works in
> eglfs mode. I believe that he had created the private QT5 build because
> Raspbian wheezy only had QT 4.
>
> I have tried enabling opengl and building on raspberry pi 2 using Ubuntu
> mate wily, which comes with QT 5.4.2. Running this from command line
> with the QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs setting results in an abort with the
> following message
> EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x300b
>
> I have tried to replicate the configure settings used by LVR in his
> script, but I have been unable to get past that error. Google searches
> have failed to provide a solution.

Hi Peter,

I've been thinking more on this issue.  It would be be a significant
improvement if we could get EGLFS (and smooth OSD) working with your build.

In an effort to remove one variable between your build and mine I am
trying to create a tarball using QT 5.3.2.

It takes a few hours to build QT.  I will report back with what I discover.

Curtis