[mythtv] OT - Keeping HDMI audio link open

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Thu Jun 30 00:59:13 UTC 2016

On 29/06/16 10:41, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> No i think that bit is working ok.
>>
>> Before the change, I had the same config as your email (2x intel sound
>> hardware).
>>
>> After the change I have:
>> kingsley at mediabox:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
>>    0 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
>>                         HDA NVidia at 0xdf080000 irq 17
>>
>> Weird.
>>
> Agreed. I think that bit is working correctly. Device 0 has the highest
> priority and is the only device listed anyway.
>
> Do you have an asound.conf file defined, what is output of "cat
> /etc/asound.conf"?
>
> What is the output of "aplay -l", ie lower case 'l' not upper case 'L'.

kingsley at mediabox:~$ aplay -l
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

kingsley at mediabox:~$ cat /etc/asound.conf
cat: /etc/asound.conf: No such file or directory

Maybe it's defaulting to device 3 (HDMI0)... I don't understand why there's
2x HDMIs.

-kt