[mythtv] OT - Keeping HDMI audio link open

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 09:46:19 UTC 2016

John, in your testing did you try something like the solution presented here
-
https://www.tolaris.com/2011/07/03/solving-the-2-second-sound-delay-with-xbm
c-and-hdmi/

Kingsley, might work for your situation as well.

To be honest (full disclosure I have no real experience with this kind of
stuff so make of it what you will) playing silence has never really felt
'right' to me. I find it hard to image that that is what the manufacturers
of the other devices (roku et al) are doing. I did a little googling about
power saving and modules going into suspended mode and found this link
http://askubuntu.com/questions/218444/sound-output-starts-delayed which has
two proposed solutions regarding preventing audio modules from going into
sleep / power save modes.

Whether either are relevant to either of you will depend on your specific
situations of course. But they did sound promising, to me at least.
Maybe....??? Good Luck.