[mythtv] OT - Keeping HDMI audio link open

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Thu Jun 23 04:11:21 UTC 2016

hi,

I have an annoyance with MythTV, it's not Myth, but my amplifier.

The amp goes to some quasi-sleep-state, and takes about 2-4 seconds for
audio to start.
That's fine if it's a movie (with studio-self-promotion at the beginning),
but for music clips etc, it's quite a PITA as you have to rewind.

I was thinking about using the ALSA libs to write a little program that
continuously plays a silent clip to keep the line open.  Maybe the program
would also look for DPMS events and stop when the screen-saver comes on too.

Does this seem to be the correct way to go about alleviating this ?

thanks,
-kt