[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jpoet. v29-pre-84-g5933e03

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Tue Jun 14 05:01:33 UTC 2016

On 6/13/2016 5:05 PM, Lincoln Rogers wrote:
>     > A friend of mine has recently setup a Plex media centre and one of the
>     > things I like is when you open a show, a dialog box pops up with two
>     > options so you can either 'Start from beginning' or 'Resume from 35:70' if
>     > the user exited mid playback last time.
>
>     This is always how MythTV has behaved too ...
>
>     --
>     Stuart Morgan
>     MythTV
>

> MythTV behaves like this only for dvd video playback, not for playback
> of recordings IIRC.
>
> Cheers
> Lincoln.

That's the behavior for "Watch Videos", and I'll take your word that's
also the behavior for DVD playback. Personally, I find it annoying. I
would prefer the "Watch Videos" behavior to match the "Watch Recordings"
behavior, i.e. don't prompt, just start playing from bookmark and from
beginning if there is no bookmark. "Watch Recordings" does have a "Play
from ..." sub-menu that lets you choose to start at beginning or from
bookmark if it exists. It's also trivial to jump to the beginning of a
program, just press 0 then rewind.

While on the subject of inconsistencies between "Watch Recordings" and
"Watch Videos" how about the differences in what the Menu and Info
buttons do while looking at the list of recordings/videos?

Regards,
Helen