[mythtv] GetMythDB()->GetDBManager()->popConnection(reuse) returns invalid database after Database object created: DBManager1

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jul 20 01:06:53 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-07-19 at 17:53 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I hope this is OK to bring over here since it's getting right into
> the
> code of MythTV.  If not, I will happily take it back to the -users
> list.

Figured it out.

The ping(host) MythContextPrivate::TestDBconnection was failing which
was causing SilenceDBerrors() to remove the database host from the
database params.

It's strange:

$ ping pvr
ping: icmp open socket: Operation not permitted

I will have to look into this more tomorrow.

It would also be nice if the logs were more clear that this is a/the
problem.  I will look into that and submit a patch if it's not already.

Cheers,
b.