[mythtv] Status of Schedules Direct SD-JSON grabbers

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jul 18 18:32:33 UTC 2016

On 07/17/2016 03:25 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 07/15/2016 03:00 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Perhaps it does not work because php5 no longer exists and it has
> problems with php7.

You haven't actually shown that php5 does not exist on whatever repo you
called. I find it a little curious that it would have disappeared.

My mythbox is running fedora 22 with php-5.6.23-1
Myth version is git master :  v29-pre-107-g7b82b7b-dirty
from late on July 4th.

> Maybe it does not work with 0.28?

Pretty damn sure it works with 0.28. It has worked with master since
about late 2014.

> This was originally denigrated by the developers as it was directly
> updating the database.

That issue was dealt with last September. The devs got a little bent out
of shape that RK was adding rows to the settings table, and adding
tables to mythconverg.

Those items are now split off into a separate database which actually is
now more efficient. Data is not repeated.

> If I remember correctly it would add all channels to your database
> regardless of whether you need them, and I seem to remember would reset
> all of the priority settings on the channels. I use the priority
> settings, so that would be no good.

The JSON service is entirely separate from the DD service, so you have
to add your lineups again. By default, lineups include all available
channels. This is the nature of the beast. Selection is done by the
user. You really should not complain that you have a choice to make.

If you have any knowledge of SQL you should export the channel table to
a file, before doing the update, and use it to insert the values
afterwards. IIRC the two columns of interest are 'visible' and 'repriority'

At the least you should update the revised table to set all channels to
'visible=0' and 'recpriority=0' before starting to manually select those
you want to get.

OR before running a script to re-insert the data from the file. You will
likely have to do some cut&paste to create a feed file containing lines
like:

update channel set visible="1" and recpriority=2 where callsign="WGRZDT";
etc.

Geoff