[mythtv] mythfilldatabase, Schedules Direct, json and xmltv

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 21:03:18 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you working on patches, or is this something
> you intend to add to the forum "wish" list?

btw, when I looked at the code, the large memory
footprint is due to parsing all the xml at once,
which for grabbers which perform allatonce
(which is usually preferred by grabbers and sources)
and produce a large amount of information (which
is usually preferred by the users), can result in
a lot of memory usage for the resulting parsed
data.

And while a likely better way to address the
situation is to process the guide data either
as it is parsed, or in some combination of
chunk-sized pieces, there is also a patch in
trac which supports the ability for individuals to
force day by day grabbing even for grabbers that
report allatonce support for under resourced systems.
Of course, forcing day by day grabbing may
result in needing to run mfdb differently (forcing
it to grab every day of interest), and may result
in much larger overheads to the sources (unless
the grabber caches heavily).  You might try that
patch (if it still applies) and document whether
and how it works for you in the ticket.