[mythtv] mythfilldatabase, Schedules Direct, json and xmltv

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Sun Jul 17 21:01:53 UTC 2016

On 07/17/2016 04:40 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Peter Bennett <pgbennett at comcast.net> wrote:
>> It would be nice if we could reduce the memory usage of mythfilldatabase
>> and provide a better way of selecting channels.
> Are you working on patches, or is this something
> you intend to add to the forum "wish" list?
I am not working on patches for this. I am undecided whether I will work
on it or when. The forum wish list has 65 items. I don't know how
anybody will decide which is important. MythTV is a victim of its own
success. So many people are using it, with all kinds of requests. Plus
there are some 500 tickets. I don't know how to set priority.

While on the topic, your tv_grab_na_sd mentions in the comments, in the
title and other places that it is for North America. Is there any reason
it cannot be used elsewhere? You do have other regions available in the
prompts when setting up listings. Somewhere along the line I will update
the mythtv wiki and include details about various ways of getting
listings and I assume that tv_grab_na_sd does not really have to be "na"
only.