[mythtv] Status of Schedules Direct SD-JSON grabbers

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Jul 15 21:24:22 UTC 2016

On 15.07.2016 21:49, John P Poet wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 1:02 PM Karl Dietz
> <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org <mailto:dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     On 15.07.2016 19:13, John P Poet wrote:
>      > The one place where (at least Gary's) xmltv json grabber falls
>     short, is
>      > that the cast is all lumped together.  Guest stars are not separated
>      > from the normal cast, for example.  I believe Gary said that that
>     is a
>      > limitation of xmltv and not the json data.  I don't know what it
>     would
>      > take to update the xmltv standard to allow for that.
>
>     Can we have some details?
>
>     Where does the data end up in the "good" case?
>     Where does the data end up in the "bad" case?
>
>     We (MythTV and XMLTV) have no concept of series/season regulars vs.
>     guest stars vs. uncredited extras / cameo (etc).
>     Does the data end up in the "guest" role? I understood that as guests
>     in talk shows etc.
>
>     If it is like that, then we can fix it either way, once we agree on a
>     preferred way :-)
>
>     Regards,
>     Karl
>

>   My recordedcredits table has:
>
> role :
> set('actor','director','producer','executive_producer','writer','guest_star','host','adapter','presenter','commentator','guest')
>
> When I press 'I' on a show that has "Guest Stars", it shows anyone with
> the 'guest_star' role.

That's what I get for not verifying it before I post what I remembered
from back when I looked into it... :(

the XMLTV DTD knows the following roles
<!ELEMENT credits (director*, actor*, writer*, adapter*, producer*,
                    composer*, editor*, presenter*, commentator*,
                    guest* )>

Its closed, but not identical.

Regards,
Karl