[mythtv] Status of Schedules Direct SD-JSON grabbers

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 19:49:05 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 1:02 PM Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>
wrote:

> On 15.07.2016 19:13, John P Poet wrote:
> > The one place where (at least Gary's) xmltv json grabber falls short, is
> > that the cast is all lumped together.  Guest stars are not separated
> > from the normal cast, for example.  I believe Gary said that that is a
> > limitation of xmltv and not the json data.  I don't know what it would
> > take to update the xmltv standard to allow for that.
>
> Can we have some details?
>
> Where does the data end up in the "good" case?
> Where does the data end up in the "bad" case?
>
> We (MythTV and XMLTV) have no concept of series/season regulars vs.
> guest stars vs. uncredited extras / cameo (etc).
> Does the data end up in the "guest" role? I understood that as guests
> in talk shows etc.
>
> If it is like that, then we can fix it either way, once we agree on a
> preferred way :-)
>
> Regards,
> Karl

 My recordedcredits table has:

role :
set('actor','director','producer','executive_producer','writer','guest_star','host','adapter','presenter','commentator','guest')

When I press 'I' on a show that has "Guest Stars", it shows anyone with the
'guest_star' role.

The machine I pulled that from is still running the 'native'
schedulesdirect grabber.

John