[mythtv] rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 16:16:07 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 7:41 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> On 02/07/16 00:25, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The underlying cause seems to be the picking up of another,
>>> inappropriate,
>>> 'include' and it isn't myth (or fc23) specific.
>>

>> Are you building with mock?  If not, I would try
>> that, as it solves a world of hurt of finding libraries
>> in special places.
>>
>> There is some goodness in configure trying to
>> find the various libraries wherever they  may be,
>> but the result is that sometimes when you have
>> many variants of the possible locations it may
>> chose, um, poorly.
>

> Short answer, no.  It /was/ working and mock has looked like an extra
> complication.  But maybe...

Yeah, it is a slight additional complexity, but not much.
It can be (likely) as simple as(*):

dnf install mock mock-rpmfusion-free mock-rpmfusion-nonfree
mock -r fedora-23-x86_64-rpmfusion_free --rebuild <src.rpm>
--resultdir=<wherever>

And you can build for other targets too with
appropriate options.

(*) I did my first mock setup a long long long time ago,
    so errors might exist in this quickie recipe.