[mythtv] *buntu trusty ppa: loss of multirec

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Jan 26 12:32:18 UTC 2016

I hope this isn't another case of finger trouble, but...

This is a test box, not in regular production.  It has a single
PCTV-290e DVB-T/DVB-T2 USB tuner which is recognised by the kernel.

A recording I made on Saturday had an unexpected chanid, 18664 instead
of 1104, and I noticed a 'rescan your transports' notice, so I did.  I
have run the recent ppa builds of 87e72, a11db and currently 81f09.

Since a11db, attempts to schedule simultaneous recordings on the same
mux have 'conflicted'.   Since I use pre/post roll this also applies to
sequential recordings. I was able to capture the content of the second
programme by extending the first recording.

It's probably some time since earlier schedules required multirec, but
it used to work.

Since the DVB-T/DVB-T2 explicit switching was introduced (#12342),
mythtv-setup.real no longer displays the adapter name, but appears to
accept other related inputs, and a new channel scan looks good.  I
usually allow 5 multirecs.

I have tried 'mythbackend --setverbose none,schedule' but see nothing
obviously wrong when attempting to set a 'conflicting' recording from
the EIT-based guide.

Any more suggestions welcome.

John P