[mythtv] LiveTV start channel

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 18 22:37:21 UTC 2016

On 01/18/2016 05:08 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> While testing some new stuff, I was doing a lot of deleting/creating of
> 'recorders'.  During this process I ran into an issue starting LiveTV
> because of recorder/channel miss-matches.  The attached patch fixed it
> for me.  However, I am assuming that the code was written the way it was
> for a reason.  Can anyone that uses LiveTV take a look at this and see
> if this is the correct solution?

The intention is that the invocation of LIveTV will return you to the
last channel watched... which may not actually be a good channel. I'm
not sure that your patch will do the trick.
  To fix that I wrote a little script some years ago which just pokes
'good' values into the cardinput table, Just keep a console open and
reset things as needed, then open LiveTV

##############################
#!/bin/bash
#reset-channel: to poke a good value into startchan
#Two inputs: tuner to be re-set and channel to set to, defaults are allowed
if [ $1 = '' ];
then
   Tuner='5'
   Channel='43.1';
fi

if [ $1 != '' ];
then
   Tuner=$1;
fi

if [ $2 = '' ];
then
   Channel='43.1';
elif [ $2 != '' ];
then
   Channel=$2;
fi

#  Tuner='5'
#  Channel='43.1';
#
echo "update cardinput set startchan = $Channel where cardid = $Tuner;"
 > tempfile
echo "exit" >> tempfile
mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < tempfile

rm -f tempfile