[mythtv] schema for manually adding channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 14 12:39:04 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 05:37 PM, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've grepped the -dev archives and didn't find an answer to the question of:
>
> What tables do I need to add records to in order to manually add an
> ATSC DTV channel?
>
> It looks like: channel and dtv_multiplex. Any other tables?
>
> I have a channels.conf file that works with mplayer:
>
> 3.1:587000000:8VSB:49:52:1
> 3.2:587000000:8VSB:65:68:2
> 6.1:503000000:8VSB:49:52:1
> 6.2:503000000:8VSB:65:68:2
> 8.1:183000000:8VSB:49:52:1
> 8.2:183000000:8VSB:65:68:2
> 8.3:183000000:8VSB:81:84:3
> 8.4:183000000:8VSB:97:100:4
> 10.1:195000000:8VSB:49:52:3
> 10.2:195000000:8VSB:81:84:5
> 21.1:491000000:8VSB:49:52:3
>
> Any hints about manually adding channels will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Digital channels, especially, really need to be scanned using
mythtv-setup's channel scanner.  We don't support importing
channels.conf anymore because there are many formats used by different
channels.conf files and--more importantly--channels.conf doesn't contain
all the information MythTV needs for its channels.

So, why not just scan with MythTV's channel scanner?

Mike