[mythtv] embedded albumart working in current master?

Mike Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 17:08:08 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 03/01/16 23:07, Mike Rice wrote:
>
>> I've been testing out the latest master and am not seeing album art in
>> MythMusic.  I have all my music in a single directory which is listed in
>> the Music storage group and each has an embedded image.  All worked fine in
>> 0.27.
>>
>> There is a MusicArt storage directory which doesn't contain anything.
>>
>> Should I expect this stuff to be working at this point?
>>
>> I've spent some time stepping through the source but I am not sure I
>> understand what the desired behavior is.  When the Music scanner runs it
>> always reports no album art.   Should the embedded images be extracted from
>> the .mp3 file when the scanner runs and placed in the MusicArt directory?
>> Or does MythMusic just try to load the image when it is needed from the
>> ,mp3 file?  Or is something else supposed to happen?
>>
>> Also what should this command do?
>>
>> mythutil --extractimage --imagetype=1 --songid=1
>>
>> I see this:
>>
>>  E  SG(Music): FindFile: Unable to find '/usr1/music/10,000 Maniacs -
>> Because The Night.mp3'!
>>
>> This happens because this particular FindFile call tries to open
>> "/usr1/music/usr1/music/10,000 Maniacs - Because The Night.mp3'
>>
>> Fixing that doesn't seem to help me a whole lot though. Still no albumart.
>>
>> I'd like to debug and/or fix this but I think I need a hint or two.  :)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> This should be fixed now. It only affected tracks in the root music
> directory which were being given the wrong directory id.

Thanks Paul.  That's fixed.  I noticed one other issue.  When the "Reset
music database" button is used it doesn't seem to remove the extracted
albumart.  When the music is scanned again the song_ids can be different
(music may be added or removed) and since the albumart file name includes
the song_id the player then displays the incorrect image.  Does the current
code try to delete these when the database is reset (and it is not working
for me) or was that not implemented?

Mike