[mythtv] Attempted build of v0.28-pre-3571-g4517c12 fails with missing fc22/x86_64/usr/share/mythtv/mythmusic folder

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Feb 17 14:19:47 UTC 2016

On 14/02/16 15:40, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 14/02/16 11:42, John Pilkington wrote:
>> I have a successful fc22 build of 0.28-pre-3516.  Today's attempt had a
>> small trial patch but no changes here that seem likely to be
>> responsible.  Has anyone else had trouble?   At present I have no I more
>> info, but wonder if something in 3555 might have caused it.
>>
>> John P
>
> An attempted rebuild of 3571 without my trial patch failed in the same
> way.  A repeated build of 3516 succeeded.
>
> My spec files are based on those from rpmfusion;  I suspect that
> _localstatedir isn't being set, but don't see any reason for a change.

The failure is in the package-building stage.  A build of 3579 --without
most plugins worked, as did one --without just mythmusic.  Looks as if I
need to update the mythmusic %files stanza in the specfile.

Each run of rpmbuild --quiet yields > 20kB of compilation 'warnings',
many obviously of long standing although presumably not critical.  I
find that rather surprising.

It also takes nearly an hour :-(