[mythtv] Adding RunningStatus information to DVB EIT processing

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 13:48:30 UTC 2016

On 31/08/2016 14:19, roger wrote:
> Thanks for the response. My brain starts hurting every time I look at
> the EIT code! I had some discussions with Stuart and dekarl about EIT
> handling a while back (bug #11399) and I eventually made the the same
> decision that you made and went with my own cleanup patch.  I have some
> time now to tackle the issues again. I think I will attempt to clean up
> the DVB EIT handling first. The later issues of ETSI EN 300 468 and ETSI
> ETR 211 have clarified things a bit. Some of the things we are doing are
> just plain wrong, but fortunately harmless.
>
> Are you using DVB eit tables or one of the of the other variants (ATSC
> etc.)? If you are using DVB does your network transmit the Running
> Status Table. I have yet to catch one here in the UK ( however my
> antenna on my test system is a piece of wet string hanging out of the
> window!).

I'm in the UK too; well, Scotland.  I only ever attempted to use EITpf
to switch the status.  As far as I can tell in the UK the FreeView+ and
FreeSat+ recorders use this.  I have a feeling that the UK standards
aren't freely available but the Nordig standard, which is probably
identical, is available at
http://nordig.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NorDig_PVR_metadata_whitepaper_ver_1.0.pdf
.
This does say that EIT p/f is used.