[mythtv] Adding RunningStatus information to DVB EIT processing

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 17:23:32 UTC 2016

Hi Stuart,

I had quick look at David's patch. Has has added EIT parsing to tv_rec. My
feeling is that the maintenance of our copy of the EIT table object should
be kept in eitscanner and that should pass on internal EIT status changes
to the scheduler and if required to the active recorders as well.

The EIT stuff is complex already and spreading it further seems to me a bad
design decision.

My thinking at the moment is a two stage implementation firstly to sort out
handling of running status information in the EIT table object itself. Then
at a later stage add parsing of the running status table to get more timely
running status information.

Roger

Roger