[mythtv] DiscEq setup in master problems

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 10:07:55 UTC 2016

Dag,

Just user perspective:
IIRC this change is related to move from cardid/inputid to flat inputid.

gigem implemented this and results are very positive in my case. This
results with huge (I believe) speed-up & clean-up code.
I see this in LiveTV: channel change is now faster&reliable than ever and
in many cases faster that channel change in commercial STB's.

All cardid/inputid to flat inputid are needed (I believe) to implement
group scheduling. Results are in my case like this:

no group scheduling: 2016-08–01 10:00:19.659761 I Scheduled 1143 items in
5.6 = 0.60 match + 0.44 check + 4.52 place
with group scheduling: 2016-08–01 10:37:40.735876 I Scheduled 1143 items in
1.8 = 0.65 match + 0.44 check + 0.69 place

For me above improvement (cyclic; seen by user) is worth additional
learning curve in setup area (one time; seen by administrator).

just my 0.02$