[mythtv] 28.0 build error

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:05:08 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie <
stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:

> On 13/04/16 16:31, Richard Shaw wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie
> > <stuarta at squashedfrog.net <mailto:stuarta at squashedfrog.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 13/04/16 16:13, Richard Shaw wrote:
> >     > Well I figured out that problem though it's not intuitive, I had to
> >     > compare the working log to the non working and the only difference
> in
> >     > the entire command was the include for X11, for some reason it was
> being
> >     > set to /usr/include on versions prior to 0.28 and worked fine but
> now
> >     > needs to be set to /usr/include/X11.
> >     >
> >     > Now I'm having a similar issue with mytharchive but it was not
> built on
> >     > the plain jane build so I don't have anything to compare to:
> >     >

> >     You shouldn't have to do any of this, we have builds working just
> fine
> >     on Fedora 22 and 23.
> >

> > As the package maintainer these must eventually be built on the official
> > build system at RPM Fusion so I need to be able to get a good build
> > using my spec file that's compliant with the packaging guidelines. I'm
> > not sure ansible can be used for that.
>
> Obviously not, but that wasn't the point, the point was if an ansible
> run installs something, then you've missed a dependency in the spec
> file....

Ok, I wasn't sure where you were heading with that. I tried running it just
to see what happens but it tried to find python in /usr/local/bin and not
/usr/bin. i'm not sure if that's in the ansible files or a problem with the
package.

> Do you use anything like mock to build packages in clean chroot's?

Usually, once I get a good local build just to verify the build
requirements.

> We don't even need all of these.

Yeah, I have the following in my spec file, those just happen to be what I
have installed on my system.

BuildRequires:  qt5-qtbase-devel >= 5.2
BuildRequires:  qt5-qtscript-devel >= 5.2
BuildRequires:  qt5-qtwebkit-devel >= 5.2

The qt-base-devel pulls in the sql package.

Thanks,
Richard