[mythtv] Expectation of services compatibility .27 to .28?

BP lists at qucae.com
Tue Apr 5 22:43:23 UTC 2016

Before I start writing up a bug, I wanted to ask what the expectation is
for compatibility with .28 for third party clients written to use the
external service api in .27.  I know that it is expected that the
frontend and backend are kept in sync.  I thought that the services were
meant to be more long lived.  Please let me know if that is off base.

Here's what I'm seeing.

First,
03c4c94dc6f900cabee1fde4f21c49b941d13940#diff-8f280c0fe6f6352d92240ebe6acec785
looks to have broken /Content/GetRecording (possibly others like Delete
that I have not tested).  Per
www.mythtv.org/wiki/Content_Service#GetRecording , it looks like the
intent was to add an optional param of RecordedId to simplify requests.
  What happens is if I make a request with the legacy format of
BackendServerIP:6544/Content/GetRecording?ChanId=34736&StartTime=2011-08-29T18:59:00
, the server returns a 500 error.  I can only make the request work if
RecordedId is passed as the first param.  If it is added as the third,
it still returns a 500.  It does not matter if I include ChanId and/or
StartTime params so long as RecordedId is first (or the only).  This can
be tested with wget.

I successfully reverted that commit to get past the 500 issues.  I still
had problems with video not playing, however.  I narrowed that down to
7bf6bb1364803931f5975d3a9c396d6dcb2d0a47#diff-c8e615e3ae736a710d8c1bb06fc493bb
which changed mime types to work better with all upnp devices.  The
change from video/mpeg to video/mp2p is breaking service clients as
well.  Reverting that change restored functionality for me.